The Hippest Trip on the Las Vegas Strip!
Venue: To be determined*
Get a seat on the train that will take you through 35 years of unforgettable memories of the iconic television show. Relive and relearn the dance steps that we all did in front of our TV's. Take a trip through the decades of music history and remember the times when Gladys Knight, Barry White and Marvin Gaye made their television debut which propelled them to musical legends. The show will surround you with the music and images that rekindle the times when life was simpler; when problems had solutions; when lyrics actually gave us inspiration and hope.
Soul Train Live! will reconnect you to your own Soul Train memories. Remember every Saturday afternoon we heard that new beat, saw that new hair style and fashion statement, practiced that new dance step? Come take the Soul Train where you are expected to get out of your seat and join the Soul Train dancers. Relearn those steps. Dance with the Soul Train Band until the lights go out. Laugh and feel good, all over again. Throughout Soul Train’s 35 years, there are many special moments – poignant, historic, funny or just plain fun – from Smokey Robinson refereeing a basketball game between Marvin Gaye and Don Cornelius to a 19 year old Al Sharpton presenting James Brown with an award to Elton John talking about how he watches Soul Train every week.
There's no other show like it anywhere in the world but here in Las Vegas. You will come back again and again because no two shows will ever be the same.
- Celebrity host will interact with audience DJ, band, dancers, etc.
- The Soul Train Band will play music that covers 35 years of the Soul Train experience.
- Soul Train dancers will be dressed in period, funky wardrobes, with several changes during the show.
- 70’s & 80’s set featuring the music & images of Stevie Wonder, Ike & Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, The Jackson 5, James Brown, Elton John, David Bowie, Diana Ross, Rick James, Prince, and more
- Hip Hop section featuring The Sugerhill Gang, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, etc.
- 90’s & 2000’s set featuring the music & images of Prince, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Toni Braxton, TLC, Bobby Brown, LL Cool J, P Diddy, Justin Timberlake, Jay Z, and more
- Audience interaction with the Famous Soul Train Line.
- Featuring the Soul Train “Scramble Board”.
- Random and unannounced celebrity guest hosts & musical artists.
- Post show dance party with audience and cast members...strut your stuff in the line dance to the Soul Train Band until they throw us out!
- Show is enhanced with video imagery of newsreel highlights of the decades of change that occurred throughout the run of the television show.
- Iconic commercials of that era will be peppered in to bring the audience back in time. (Afro Sheen, Colt 45, etc.)
- Mr. Don Cornelius will be honored in the best way possible.
- Award winning Producer, Adam Steck, will helm the show.
- Questlove, from The Roots, will be the Musical Director.
- Award winning Director, Choreographer, Lighting Designer & Set designer to be hired.
- Officially licensed from BET.
- There will be ample merchandising opportunities at the venue and on-line.
- Once the Vegas flagship show is launched, then touring companies will be produced to tour the US and the World.
- Corporate sponsors will be approached for support.
- There will be live TV possibilities, a tie into the Soul Train Music Awards, and cross promotion with the Soul Train cruise and other Soul Train events.
- Soul Train Live is expected to debut at the end of 2017 and run for approximately 10 years.
- There will be 6 performances each week, starting at 7:30pm (closed on Tuesdays).
- The venue is still in negotiation, and financing is contingent on a venue being secured.
- Financials are based on a venue capacity of 700 - 900 seats.
* Funding of this campaign will be contingent upon a venue being secured by the campaign closing. If a venue is not secured by the closing date, all funds will be returned to investors.