FundingNomad is committed to safeguarding the personal information of individuals. This privacy statement outlines the practices we follow in protecting personal information and a copy of this privacy statement will be provided to any person upon request.
The website (“Site”) for FundingNomad (“FundingNomad”, “we” or “us”) was created to provide information about our company, investment opportunities (“Services”) to investors using the site to invest (in each case, a “User”, and collectively, “Users”). At FundingNomad we take your privacy seriously. We collect and store certain information as required by law to perform services for you, but are committed to protect your personal and financial information.
Information We Collect
We collect a variety of personal information to operate the Site and provide the Service. The majority of information is collected during the registration; while some items are optional, most are required for legal or security purposes. In general these include, but not limited to:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, birth date, and other personal information.
- Financial information, including your social security number, or similar identification, income, and net worth.
- Copies of your tax returns, brokerage statements, W2 forms or equivalent information, and other financial documents.
- Your user name and password.
- Information to confirm your identity, such as a copy of your passport, driver's license or other government-issued photo identification.
- Information to confirm your place of residence.
- Information about your use of the Site.
- Information about your computer configuration.
- Information to confirm your relationship with other parties associated with the Site.
- Information about your bank accounts or other sources of payment.
- Your IP address.
We use your personal information to:
- Verify that you are permitted to invest through the Site.
- Verify that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Keep track of your investments.
- Comply with applicable law.
- Guard against potential fraud.
- Answer your questions.
- Protect our rights.
- Send to third parties at your request.
- Process your transactions at the Site.
- Determine whether your computer information is compatible with the Site.
- Keep track of your use of the Site.
- Send you information about your investments.
- Notify you of other possible investments in which you might have an interest.
- Analyze use of the Site.
- Improve the Site.
- Send you information about the Site.
- Send you materials about us.
- Do other things that we disclose to you.
As is the case with many websites, FundingNomad receives, tracks and stores certain nonidentifying information about you (e.g., whether or not you register to access Services) and aggregate personal data. Such information may include:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and internet service provider (ISP);
- language preference;
- operating system;
- which of our web pages you access and how frequently you access them;
- exit pages;
- click stream data;
- and the dates and times that you visit the Site.
This information may be collected passively using a variety of technologies, including but not limited to, cookies, page tags or similar tools. As with cookies, the web surfing information is anonymous.
The Site may use this information and pool or aggregate it with other information for administrative purposes to assess usage, and to assess performance of our services and how users interact with the website.
If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 18 has a registered account with the Services or FundingNomad has received any Personal Information of that child without your consent, you may contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
What We Provide To Third Parties
Information is shared with third parties only to the extent necessary for us to perform data processing, reporting, tax documentation, and transactions. Our partners are legally required to keep your information private and secure. Some of the information that may be provided to a third party includes:
- If you invest, we will identify you on tax returns and other government forms.
- We might use third party services to verify that you are an accredited investor and for other similar purposes.
- We might use third parties to perform functions relating to the operation of the Site.
- We will provide information if we believe we are required to do so by law.
- If FundingNomad is sold, all information will be transferred to our successor.
- If you choose to participate in discussions or message boards on the Site, other users will be able to see your name (but not any other personal information) and any other information you voluntarily provide to be seen.
We do not provide any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with legal process.
Modifying and Deleting Information
Notices and other communications
Security Policy (How We Protect Your Data)
We care about the integrity and security of your Personal Information and implement appropriate technical and organisation security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to FundingNomad or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Funding Nomad, at all times.
We have put in place systems designed to protect your personal information, including:
- We employ a secure channel, using Secure Sockets Layer encryption, the standard for secure Internet network connections, to protect information exchanged over the Internet between your web browser and our servers.
- We use automated tools to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, or otherwise seek to gain unauthorized entry into our systems.
- We take additional steps to protect especially sensitive information, including the information you provide on our Investor Questionnaire.
- In general, we use the same level of data encryption that is used by banks.
Privacy Steps You Can Take
Users should take precautions to maximize security. For example, choose well formed, difficult to guess passwords. An industry standard, updated antivirus as well as firewall software for malware and external attack protection is recommended. These software applications should do regular sweeps of your computer as well for continual protection from malware. After you are done using the website, log out and close the browser.
Users should be aware of “phishing” – a scheme whereby a scammer will try to bring unsuspecting users to a website by using genuine looking email claiming to be a legitimate company. They may try to get you to divulge login information to gain fraudulent access to your accounts. Note that FundingNomad will never send you email asking for your login information. Users should protect themselves by never providing sensitive personal or login information via email communication or otherwise. FundingNomad's verified website addresses are: https://www.fundingnomad.com, http://www.fundingnomad.com or http://fundingnomad.com
Third Party Sites
Data Transfers outside the EEA
EEA Residents. If you are located in the EEA, or if otherwise required by applicable law, you also have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend or delete it;
- Portability: you may request that we send you any Personal Information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third party;
- Objection: you may object to us using your Personal Information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
- Restriction: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and
- Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
Funding Nomad LLC
304 South Jones Blvd, Suite 2295
Las Vegas, NV 89107