This is a legally binding contract between you and FundingNomad. If you have any questions about its meaning you should consult with an attorney before using the Site.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR REGISTERING AT THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR REGISTER FOR OUR SITE.
Summary of Service
FundingNomad is an electronic platform where qualified investors can view private equity and debt deals. We refer to each these deals as a “Campaign.” For example, an Campaign might consist of a production company (referred to as an "Issuer") raising private funds for a stage show, in exchange for an equity share of the company where investors receive a return on their investment (for example, a share of the profits). Each Campaign is held by a separate Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) that is a limited liability company or limited partnership or other corporate entity.
In the case of debt Campaigns, an investor who wants to invest would make a loan to the SPV holding the Underlying Loan. The investor’s loan is evidenced by a promissory note, which we refer to as the “Note.” The Note gives the investor the right to receive payments of interest and principal, only to the extent that the SPV receives payments from the Issuer with respect to the Underlying Loan.
For a more detailed description, you should review the FAQ section of the Site and to the information provided by each Campaign.
Acceptance of Terms
You will be deemed to have consented to the terms of this Agreement by using or registering at the Site. We may also ask you to indicate your consent more formally by checking a box or otherwise taking an affirmative action.
You may browse the Site without registering, but to review investment opportunities you must register and select a screen name (“User ID”) and password. You promise to provide accurate, complete, and updated registration information. You shall not use as a User ID any name or term that (i) is the name of another person, with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) is subject to any rights of another person, without appropriate authorization; or (iii) is offensive, vulgar, or obscene. FundingNomad reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse registration of or cancel a User ID.
You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password for the Site. We will treat anyone who uses your User ID and password as "you" for all purposes, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of the person using your password. You will never allow any other person to use your account, nor will you use the account of any other User. You will immediately notify FundingNomad in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other known account-related security breach.
You consent to receive from FundingNomad all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Services electronically. The Company may provide the electronic notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Services.
FundingNomad is not a registered broker-dealer or investment advisor and does not conduct any activity that would require such registration. Securities sold through private placements are restricted and not publicly traded, and are therefore illiquid. Neither the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state/province securities commission or other regulatory authority has approved, passed upon or endorsed the merits of any offering on this Website.
VerifyInvestor Agreement Incorporated
Use of Site
You will use the Site only for the purpose for which it was intended, i.e., to access the Service. You will not use the Site for any other purpose, whether personal or commercial. The Service is provided only for your own personal, noncommercial use, except as otherwise provided. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service.
You will not:
- Upload, email, or otherwise transmit any images or other Content that are unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invade the privacy of any third party, contain nudity or pornography, or are otherwise objectionable.
- Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, personally identifiable information, or other materials that reveal personal, private, or sensitive information about another person, without that person's consent.
- Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
- Post Content that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
- Register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity (unless so authorized).
- Infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- Transmit materials that contain any viruses or other computerprogramming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Intimidate or harass another user.
- Use the Service to artificially generate traffic or page links.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Use the Service in a manner that breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Use the Site in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site, such as through sending "spam" email.
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through "hacking," "data harvesting," or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Site.
- Use the Site to violate any law, statute, or regulation (including, without limitation, those governing securities regulation, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising) or for any other unlawful purpose.
Additionally, you shall not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by FundingNomad in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on FundingNomad’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- bypass any measures FundingNomad may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service);
- run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of autoresponder or "spam" on the Service; or
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly:
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder.
You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Our Obligation to Enforce Rules
Our Right to Monitor
- monitor your use of the Site, including email, and other Content you transmit through the Site,
- remove, edit, or refuse to post Content,
- restrict access from certain websites or other resources, and
- take any other actions we deem necessary in our sole discretion to protect our community of Users and our resources.
You cannot expect that communications through the Site will remain private from us.
Our Right to Terminate Use
Tracking Visits and Use
You will not disparage FundingNomad, the Site, or any other User.
You submit Content (such as by posting on blogs or discussion boards) subject to the following rules:
- You grant to us and other Users a royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide license, under your intellectual property rights, to copy, reformat, index, modify, display, distribute and put to commercial and other uses your Content, and to sublicense the same rights to others, with or without compensation. No compensation will be paid to you for any such use.
- Your privacy is not protected with respect to any Content you submit, including your name, address, photographs, etc. We cannot guaranty that other Users will use your Content in an appropriate or fair manner, or in a manner otherwise anticipated by you. Please use caution.
- You will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party caused by your Content.
- FundingNomad reserves the right, at any time, for any reason, and without notice, to block, remove, edit, or modify any Content you submit. FundingNomad reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
Your Duty of Confidentiality
The term “Confidential Information” means information (i) that is designated as “Confidential” or "Proprietary" at the time of disclosure or within a reasonable period thereafter, (ii) that is only available to Users who have registered at the Site, or (iii) a reasonable person would understand to be Confidential.
Confidential Information includes our business policies or practices, strategic plans, pricing, financial information and projections, marketing information and strategies, the names of Users of the Site, the names of Issuers, and information received from third parties that FundingNomad is obligated to treat as confidential. So there can be no misunderstanding, all information relating to Issuers and Campaigns is Confidential Information. You shall keep all Confidential Information in confidence, and not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than as contemplated by the Site. You will use at least the same degree of care in safeguarding Confidential Information as you use in safeguarding your own confidential information and trade secrets, such as your social security number and secret business plans.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, you may disclose Confidential Information if you are required to do so by legal process, provided that you promptly notify us in advance so we can seek a protective order or other relief.
Third Party Sites
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under FundingNomad's control, and you acknowledge that FundingNomad is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources. The inclusion on another website of any link to the Site does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with FundingNomad. You further acknowledge and agree that FundingNomad shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource.
FundingNomad will remove infringing materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if properly notified that Content infringes copyright. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify FundingNomad's copyright agent in writing. Your notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for FundingNomad to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please notify FundingNomad’s copyright agent in writing. Your counter-notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3), for more information):
- A physical or electronic signature of the user of the Services;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
- The subscriber's name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subscriber (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Under the Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. If you fail to comply with these notice requirements, your notification or counternotification may not be valid.
Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
Dentons Canada LLP
77 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto-Dominion Centre Toronto, ON M5K 0A1 Canada
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
Without limiting the preceding paragraph, FundingNomad, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that
- the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location;
- any defects or errors will be corrected;
- any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or
- the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18 USC §27012711):
FUNDINGNOMAD MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. FundingNomad will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or tradesecret information, or any other Content stored on FundingNomad’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL FUNDINGNOMAD, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE
- FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING),
- FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR
- FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You may not assign any part of your interest in this Agreement, or transfer your User account to another person. FundingNomad may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada, the United States, the Province of Ontario and Canada, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that FundingNomad and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over FundingNomad or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general.
You agree that:
- Any claim we may have against you arising out of your activities with respect to the Site, other than Excluded Claims (as defined below), shall similarly be resolved exclusively by arbitration.
- This arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA ("Rules and Procedures") (available at http://www.adr.org).
- The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the AAA under these Rules and Procedures (provided that this location is reasonably convenient for you), or at another location that you and we select by mutual agreement.
- There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator is authorized to decide only your or our individual claims; and he or she shall not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated (the "IndividualClaimsOnly Requirement").
The term “Excluded Claims” means:
- A claim where we allege that you have infringed upon our intellectual property or the intellectual property of any third party.
- Claims arising from your purchase of a Note.
- Claims explicitly covered by another agreement.
- Claims between you and another User.
- Any claim of any nature, if the IndividualClaimsOnly Requirement is determined to be invalid.
Excluded Claims may be subject to arbitration if, and only if, a separate agreement so provides. Otherwise, Excluded Claims shall be adjudicated through the court system.
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act/Uniform Electronic Transactions Act
The Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“ESIGN”) and similar state laws, particularly the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (“UETA”), authorize the creation of legally binding and enforceable agreements utilizing electronic records and signatures. ESIGN and UETA require businesses that want to use electronic records or signatures in consumer transactions to obtain the consumer’s consent to receive information electronically. When a potential Investor registers on the platform, we obtain his or her consent to transact business electronically and maintain electronic records in compliance with ESIGN and UETA requirements. Your use of electronic signatures to sign documents legally binds you in the same manner as if you had manually signed such documents. The use of electronic versions of documents fully satisfies any requirement that such documents be provided to you in writing. If you sign electronically, you represent that you have the ability to access and retain a record of such documents. You agree that you are responsible for understanding these documents and agree to conduct business by electronic means. You are obligated to review the SITE periodically for changes and modifications and agree not to contest the admissibility or enforceability the Website’s electronically stored copy of this Agreement in any proceeding arising out of this Agreement.
Electronic Communication Privacy Act Notice (18usc 27012711):
FundingNomad makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. FundingNomad will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade secret information, or any other content stored on FundingNomad equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Survival of Terms
This Agreement shall continue to apply even if you are no longer a User.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced, provided that each party can obtain substantially all of the benefits contemplated initially. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our rights with respect to subsequent breaches.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, the Site, or the Service, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org